The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas from which to choose!
- Brainstorming is a team sport ... support your team members!
- No criticism ... no "devil's advocates" allowed!
- Anything goes … wild, crazy, impractical, ingenious ideas encouraged!
- Go for quantity, not quality, of ideas!
- All ideas encouraged!
- Piggyback, improve, combine ideas ... be an "angel advocate"!
- Record all ideas so nothing gets lost!
- Filter ideas later, not during the brainstorming session! This is a right-brain exercise!
- Set a time limit for the session, then stick to it!
Variation ... brainwriting: the general process is that, in a group, ideas are recorded by each individual who thought of them ... they are then passed on to the next person who uses them as a trigger for their own ideas.
(c) 2017 Jindrick ... 1.08